National Breton Party
Strollad Breizh - Parti Breton
+33 297 641 276
PARTI BRETON – STROLLAD BREIZH
Brittany in the northwestern part of France counts around 4,5 million people today. Brittany does not benefit from a recognition of its original culture. The existence of the last Celtic language of the continent, the Breton, is threatened. It is the aim of the Breton National Party to give back to the Breton people the political, economic and cultural powers it has been deprived of. The Breton National Party, founded in 2003, aims to work on the implementation of a democracy with the values of freedom, justice, equity and solidarity. A participatory and responsible democracy in which all the citizens will be full players of the political, social and cultural life through the implementation of greatly expanded local powers. BretonNational Party is a member of FUEN since 2013.
The Bretons are a Celtic ethnic group native to the historical region Brittany. They trace much of their heritage to groups of Brittonic speakers who emigrated from southwestern Great Britain, particularly Cornwall and Devon, mostly during the Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain. They migrated in waves from the 3rd to 9th century (most heavily from 450 to 600) into Armorica, which was subsequently named Brittany after them.
The actual number of ethnic Bretons in Brittany and France as a whole is difficult to assess as the government of France does not collect statistics on ethnicity. The main traditional language of Brittany is Breton (Brezhoneg), spoken in Lower Brittany. As one of the Brittonic languages, Breton is related closely to Cornish and more distantly to Welsh. It is the only Celtic language to be found on the mainland of Europe.
In 1914, over 1 million people spoke Breton, 90% of the population of the western half of Brittany. In 1945, it was about 75%, and today, in all of Brittany, at most 20% of Bretons can speak Breton. Currently, most Bretons’ native language is standard French. Seventy-five percent of the estimated 200,000 to 250,000 Breton speakers using Breton as an everyday language today are over the age of 65. Breton is considered to be a highly endangered language. The language is still not accepted by France as official language. Nevertheless the language is taught at schools the last couple of years.
- Meshet Türkleri Cemiyeti Azerbaycan’da “VATAN”"Vatan" Public Union of Ahiska Turks living in Azerbaijan
- Udruženje građana za promociju obrazovanja Roma „Otaharin“Otaharin - Citizens' Association for the Promotion of Education of Roma
- Tsentru ti limba shi cultura armaneascaCentre for Aromunian Language and Culture in Bulgaria
- ЕВРОПЕЙСКИ ИНСТИТУТ - ПОМАКEuropean Institute - POMAK
- Comité d´Action Régionale de Bretagne - Poellgor evit BreizhCommittee for regional action in Brittany
- Strollad Breizh - Parti BretonNational Breton Party
- Associacion Occitana de FotbòlOccitania Football Association
- Zentralrat Deutscher Sinti und RomaCentral Council of German Sinti and Roma
- DOMOWINA - Zwjazk Łužiskich Serbow z. t./Zwězk Łužyskich Serbow z. t.Domowina – Association of Lusatian Sorbs
- EBLUL Deutschland - Komitee für Regional- und MinderheitensprachenEBLUL Germany - Committee for regional and minority languages
- Friisk ForiiningFrisian Association
- ΠΑΝΧΕΛΕΝΙΤΣΕΣΚΙ ΠΟΜΑΤΣΚΙ ΣΕΓΙΟΥΣPanhellenic Pomak Association
- Union Generela di Ladins dla DolomitesGeneral Union of the Ladins of Dolomites
- Zdruzenie za Pravata na Romite - StipAssociation for Human Right Protection of Roma – Stip
- Центар за Ромска Заедница “ДРОМ”Roma Community Center “DROM”
- Асоцијација за демократски развој на Ромите СОНЦЕRoma Democratic Development Association SONCE
- Unia ti cultura-a Armanjlor dit MachiduniiUnion for the Culture of the Aromanians in Macedonia
- Ried fan de Fryske BewegingCouncil of the Frisian Movement
- Kaszëbskò Pòmòrsczé ZrzeszeniéThe Kashubian-Pomeranian Association
- Об'єднання лемкiв Zjednoczenie ŁemkówUnion of Lemkos
- Fara Armãneascã dit RomâniaArman Community in Romania
- Межрегиональная общественная организация содействия сохранению и развитию карачаево-балкарских традиций "Барс Эль"Bars El: Social Organisation for Fostering and Development of the Karachay-Balkar Traditions
- Федеральная лезгинская национальная и культурная автономияFederal Lezghin National and Cultural Autonomy (FLNCA)
- QumuqlarNGO Qumuqlar
- Milletlerarasi Meshet Turkleri Cemiyeti "Vatan"Public Organisation "International Society of Meskhetian Turks "Vatan"
- Humanitarni Centar Rom Obrenovac (HC Rom)Humanitarian Centre Rom Obrenovac
- Sutsata Sarbeasca-Armaneasca “Lunjina”Serbian-Aromanian Association "Lunjina"
- Plataforma per la LlenguaPlataforma per la Llengua
- Stiftelsen Skånsk FramtidThe Foundation Scanian Future
- Lia RumantschaRomansh Organisation
- Schäft qwant - Transnationaler Verein für jenische Zusammenarbeit und KulturaustauschSchäft qwant - Trans-national association for Yenish cooperation and cultural exchange
- Kırım KayalarAssociation of Crimean Karaites "Krymkarailar"
- Qırımtatar Milliy MeclisiMejlis of the Crimean Tatar People
- Общество Карпатских Русинов, УкраинаSociety of Carpatho-Rusyns in Ukraine